DIY Guitar Decor

January 14, 2016



 New year, new room! Is that even a thing?

Well, I've had the same room décor for almost all of 2015 and I thought with a new year coming up I would spice things up in my room. I have plan white walls, although this can look dull and boring its also a blessing in disguise as I can decorate them anyway I want without clashing anything. 

I was cleaning my room out during the winter, and I came across an old acoustic guitar of mine. All the strings were broken and the guitar was looking old and beaten, I thought what could I do with this? I looked on the beautiful Pinterest and bamn, there it was. I came across this idea so I hoped to it and started sawing. 

I used an electric saw and cut around the front of the guitar. Using spare wood I had lying around I measured and cut two small planks and glued them into the guitar to create shelves. I then painted the inside of the guitar white to match my walls. 

I went out to my nearest cheap store and bought christmas lights on sale, in a warm colour. I then went round the guitar covering it in lights and placing lights where I felt necessary.

I went to my local garden centre and purchased a few cactus's to place on my shelves, and I picked up white bird salt and pepper shakers from my pound store. Hey, who could tell they were salt and pepper shakers? 

I absolutely love this idea, I won't lie and say its easy to do because for someone like me who knows NOTHING on saws or DIY gear like that, I had to ask my Grandad for wee bit of help here and there. 

I absolutely love this for when I'm having a cozy evening in my bed doing blogging or a film marathon. 

What do you think?

Love,
L x

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Oh my gosh I love it! I bet you could make and sell these - they'd be so popular xx


    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would be a cool idea, but one was stressful enough as it is haha!! xox

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful idea! This is great!
    ~Lili
    www.thefashionsalt.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I absolutely LOVE this. So cool, quirky and absolutely beautiful! I'd love to find an old guitar somewhere and do this to it. Love it so much!

    Elle
    www.theellenextdoor.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Took a lot for me to cut up my guitar, but so glad it came out right! xx

      Delete
  4. Wow! This looks amazing! (:
    Nati xx
    www.simplyartdicted.com

    ReplyDelete